Saturday, June 9, 2012

IT'S [ANOTHER] GIRL!

I'm back... and I'm public again. The private blog wasn't working for me through blogger, especially since there was a limited amount of readers I could invite, so after a break and time adjusting with our new (wonderful) daughter, I have returned to the blog world, with a new announcement.

....but first things first: How's Haben? She's wonderful. I cannot imagine adopting a more perfect daughter for our family. She fits in so well, and we are continually surprised by her beauty, strength and wisdom. Although it has only been a little over two months since we met her, we truly cannot imagine life without her.

Our beautiful daughter Haben
She is currently playing soccer and volunteering in the special needs room at our church . She will also be volunteering an an art camp for inner city youth at the end of this month. She is also looking forward to our family vacation to Disney World in a week, as well as youth group camp and a trip to Upstate New York with my husband's family in July.

Has it all been perfect since day one? Absolutely not. But our lives were not perfect prior to Haben either. I can say, however, that is has been more wonderful that we ever could have imagined.

Haben is also looking forward to one more upcoming event in her life: the birth of a new baby sister!

That's right, I am pregnant with a healthy baby girl, who is due October 29th. God really had a plan after all. He just needed to lead us to Haben. Without the infertility, the losses and the struggles, we would not have our beautiful 15 year old daughter. Once God was finally able to move mountains to bring us together, he blessed us with a pregnancy as well, both equally special and miraculous to us.

Our baby girl, on the way!
I had a student tell me that she was going to use our story whenever she encountered an atheist, and that just made me smile. I love that we got to be a product of God's love and devotion... and all it took was a little faith.

And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. John 5:14-15

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying!! What an amazing story that only God could write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful! :) We KNOW in our hearts that God has a plan, and it is so encouraging to see it unfold right before our eyes!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete